A Project Designer is an entry-level position (0 – 2 years of experience) with a broad range of responsibilities. At CWB Architects, this is a training position for unlicensed architectural school graduates, intent on developing the skills necessary to grow into project management roles. Designers are typically involved in a variety of project types and will have the opportunity to work in all phases of project delivery. We look for enthusiastic staff who are willing to take on new challenges and poses excellent organization skills.
- Working under the direction of a Project Manager and/or Project Architect and/or Principal to execute production and project administrative tasks.
- Attend project team, client and site meetings.
- Assist the Project Manager/Architect to maintain project files, specifically CAD files and construction administration materials.
- Prepare presentation drawings and materials, with a keen eye for graphic clarity.
- Preparation of schematic design drawings, models and renderings, working drawings and specifications.
- Take initiative to learn new skills and gain exposure to all aspects of project work.
- Work to learn and execute CWB project standards.
- First professional degree – B.Arch or M.Arch (recommended but not required).
- Any work experience a plus, including experience during the construction phase.
- General ability to draw and visualize in 3-D.
- Working knowledge of Adobe Photoshop, InDesign, and Illustrator; Microsoft Office Suite; CAD (Vectorworks a plus but not required); 3-D modeling software (SketchUp or Rhino).
- Ability to draw by hand, render and make models.
- Demonstrated desire to continue professional development and learn new skills necessary for project advancement.
- Excellent writing skills and ability to synthesize conversations into clear written summaries.
- Ability to show good judgment and common sense, readily ask questions, execute work quickly, listen and take direction.
Salary shall be commensurate with experience.